Mora 162 Hook Knife, Double Edge Carver
This Mora 162 hook knife with leather sheath has a double-edged stainless steel blade so that you can use it for both pull and push carving, right or left-handed.
We have optimized the blade to make it run smooth over the inside of the spoon or bowl. Improved edge bevels complete the blade and give you an optimum carving experience.
Includes Leather Sheath.
To protect both you and the knife, it comes with a simple but ingeniously designed edge protection. The sheath is made out of Swedish vegetable tanned leather manufactured locally with cowhides from the region.
- Hook knife wood carving tool for carving spoons, bowls, cups, or for any detailed relief carving
- Double-edged blade, 16mm internal radius
- Top grade Swedish 12C27 stainless steel features excellent edge performance, razor sharpness, high hardness, and exceptional corrosion resistance
- Ergonomically designed oiled birch wood handle for comfort and balance
- Made in Sweden
- Includes Leather Sheath
- Net Weight: 62 g (2.18 oz)
- Product Length: 170 mm (6.7 inches)
- Gross Weight: 111 g (3.91 oz)
- Product Width: 29 mm (1.14 inches)
- Blade Thickness: 2.0 mm
- Internal Radius: 16 mm
- Knife Length: 164 mm (6.4 inches)
- Blade Length: 55 mm (2.16 inches)
PLEASE NOTE: Patina of the blade is a normal part of the tempering process and does not affect the performance of the product.
For a more open style hook knife for shallow bowls or to round out your kit, try these: Mora 163 Hook Knife and Mora 106 Straight Carver.
Is this a spoon knife?
Yes. This hook knife has a tight curve that's perfect for spoons and other tighter curves.
Is this good for carving or whittling spoons?
Yes, excellent. Add a Mora 106 for the flat areas and you're set.
Where is this made?
Mora knives are proudly made in Sweden.
Rod Yewell (verified owner) –
Excellent feel, now I’m ready to get my bushcraft game on.
Jacob (verified owner) –
Todd O. (verified owner) –
Comfortable and easy to use! Great tool!
Douglas (verified owner) –
Jeffrey Gilpatric (verified owner) –
My wife bought if for me for Christmas and its wrapped under the tree. If it’s a tool recommend by GBGB it’s always worth the money.
Michael (verified owner) –
If your a carver you can’t live without a hook knife…. Or two:) Mora carving knives are the best!