Mora Classic No 2 Knife, Carbon Steel, Red Handle
The Mora Classic No 2 by Morakniv is made of carbon steel, which makes the knife easy to sharpen but requires more maintenance when exposed to moisture or corrosive environment. Make sure to keep the blade clean, dry and oiled. It will develop a patina with time and use.
The characteristic barrel-shaped red-stained birch handle was first introduced around one hundred years ago with the ambition to portray an exclusive mahogany knife.
The polymer sheath with a polished look is covered with the Dalecarlian shield. This is complemented with a belt strap of Swedish vegetable tanned leather, designed to stand the test of time for generations to come. In the decades since, it has grown into one of the most beloved lifestyle knives in the world – a timeless Morakniv in its purest form.
- New sheath with leather belt strap
- 105mm blade length
- Timeless comfort and appeal of a barrel-shaped, birch wood handle
- Strong, edge-holding high-carbon steel blade
- All-around utility of a classic blade shape
- Handle: Red-stained birch
- Sheath: Black polymer with leather belt strap
- Blade Material: Carbon Steel
- Total Length: 8.25” (210 mm)
- Blade Length: 4.13” (105mm)
- Thickness: 2.5 mm
- Product Weight: 3.2 oz (90 g)
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime
- Inner/master Qty: 1 / 5
- Packaged Weight: 0.28 lbs
- Packaged Dims: 11” x 2.25 x 1.5”
- Packaging: Peggable Box
Is this a scandi grind?
Does this carve well?
Yes, this is a great carver and all around knife.
90 degree spine?
No. This spine will need a few minutes filing to get a sharp, 90 degree spine for ferro rod use.