The Silky BigBoy 2000 Outback Edition hand saw feature a handle made of arbor composite which provides excellent grip and control for wet, cold and game-processing conditions.
The saw can cut bone and wood, and is black-plated with a nickel/tin blend to improve durability and reduce reflection for stealth, low-impact activities.
Balanced 14.2 in. blade with low-angle curve (2,000 mm radius) cuts through both green and dry wood with ease; recommended for cutting wood with a maximum diameter of 8 in. Blade has 5.5 teeth per inch and cuts on the pull stroke for maximum performance and ergonomics
- BLADE LENGTH: 360mm Curved
- TEETH PITCH: 6.5 (5.5 tpi
- WEIGHT: 1.05 lbs (478g)
- NON-SET TEETH: Taper ground to reduce resistance for smoother, easier and faster cutting.
- IMPULSE-HARDENED: The teeth of the blade are heated and hardened to stay sharp three times longer than non-hardened teeth.
- MIRAI-ME: Featuring 4 cutting angles along the blade for rip-cutting, cross-cutting and slant cutting, leaving a smooth surface every time.
- BLACK PLATING: Blacking plating allows entire blade, including the teeth, to be coated with a unique, highly durable Nickel / Tin blend. It provides longer blade life and improved cutting performance.
Made in Japan
Is this grip rubber?
No. It feels more like a blend of G10 and plastic and has a hard, grippy feel.
Is the blade matte black?
Does this work for Bushcraft?
This is an excellent bushcraft and general use folding saw.