Silky PocketBoy 170mm Professional Outback Edition
The Silky Pocketboy 170 Outback Edition hand saws feature a handle made of arbor composite which provides excellent grip and control for wet, cold and game-processing conditions.
The blade can cut bone and wood, and is black-plated with a nickel/tin blend to improve durability and reduce reflection for stealth, low-impact activities.
- Blade Length: 170mm Straight
- Teeth Pitch: 10 (8.5 tpi)
- Weight: 0.55 lbs (248g)
- Non-Set Teeth: Taper ground to reduce resistance for smoother, easier and faster cutting.
- Impulse-Hardened: The teeth of the blade are heated and hardened to stay sharp three times longer than non-hardened teeth.
- MIRAI-ME: Featuring 4 cutting angles along the blade for rip-cutting, cross-cutting and slant cutting, leaving a smooth surface every time.
- Black Plating: Blacking plating allows entire blade, including the teeth, to be coated with a unique, highly durable Nickel / TIn blend. It provides longer blade life and improved cutting performance.
Made in Japan
Is this grip rubber?
No. It feels more like a blend of G10 and plastic and has a hard, but grippy feel.
Is the blade matte black?
Does this work for Bushcraft?
This is an excellent bushcraft and general use folding saw.
Jacob (verified owner) –
Darren (verified owner) –
Right size for a pocket saw but not so small as to be not worthwhile. I wanted something a touch bigger than the smaller pocket boy. Try it out on some yard pruning so you get used to the cutting style of the Japanese blade.
Robert Miller (verified owner) –
All products, branded or not branded, are only produces that GB2 uses or developed. Therefore you can rest easy know the quality is at its finest.
Ronald Brown (verified owner) –
Great compact tool for more camp craft wood processing. Will be trying it out in the coming days in the San Jacinto Wilderness.