UCO Stormproof Match Kit
Hedge your bets against the weather with a UCO Stormproof Match Kit. Stormproof Matches are windproof, waterproof and light up quickly and consistently in driving rain, heavy winds and falling snow—and will relight even after being submerged in water.
Each Stormproof Match Kit includes 25 matches, 3 strikers and a waterproof case that floats; each match burns for up to 15 seconds. Secure over 6 minutes of life-sustaining fire wherever life takes you, or during whatever Mother Nature throws your way.
Each Stormproof Match Kit comes with 25 matches, but it will hold up to 40 (alternating the ends).
- Durable, waterproof case floats and keeps contents dry and protected.
- External, integrated, and replaceable striker for easy lighting.
- Includes 25 windproof and waterproof matches and 3 strikers. Match case can hold up to 40 matches.
- Matches are easy to light and will relight after being submerged in water.
- Up to 15 second burn time.
- Extended length of match allows for added safety to keep from burning fingertips.
- Lights campfires, stoves, gas-barbecues, etc.
- Burn Time: (up to) 15 seconds
- Length: 2.75″ (7 cm)
- Weight: (Kit) 1.7 oz. (48 g)
- Case Colors: Orange or Green
Please note that all orders containing matches or lighters must use ground shipping regardless of what you select at checkout.
What is meant by the term stormproof?
Stormproof means that these matches will light in high winds and wet conditions from rain, sleet, or snow. They will even continue to burn after being completely submerged in water.
How many matches are in each Stormproof Match Kit?
Each case comes with 25 matches, but can hold up to 40.
How long do these Stormproof Matches burn?
These matches burn for up to 15 seconds. In field testing, Joshua (GB2) has found that to be the minimum burn time necessary to consistently to dry out and ignite damp tinder.
CAUTION: For outdoor use by adults only. Carefully monitor lit matches until completely burned. Store extra strikers in protective sleeves after use to keep dry. Store matches separately from strikers to prevent accidental ignition.
- For lighting a match, it is ideal if the striker is a firm surface which can usually be achieved by just closing the box.
- If striker and box become wet, the striker will still work, but needs to dry first so that the surface is once again firm. Use a spare striker until then.
- If matches become wet, just wipe dry before use.
- Strike away from the body or in a downwards position. Be careful of bystanders.
- Be careful when striking the match since sparks can fly off the igniting head.
- After using the match, run it in water to be certain that it will not light anything else on fire.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including carbon monoxide, soot and other combustion by-products, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.