Suunto MC-2 Global USGS Sighting Mirror Compass
This is the Professional Mirror Compass that Joshua uses for Land Navigation. Trusting this advanced navigation compass when venturing out into unknown territory is a must.
This sighting compass offers precision navigation with a variety of carefully engineered and dependable features for challenging conditions. 2.56 x 3.98 x .71 inch.
The accurate mirror compass for serious hikers. The advanced navigation compass: Suunto MC-2 Global
When venturing out into unknown territory, these sighting compasses offer precision navigation with a variety of carefully engineered and dependable features for challenging conditions.
Sighting tools for accurate direction taking. Adjustable Declination correction. Operable in low light with luminescent markings. Also includes a clinometer and magnifying lense.
Multiple functions of the Suunto MC-2 Global include: solar fire starting, signal, hygiene and tree or building height gauge using the slope clinometer.
This is the recommended compass for use in the core GB2 live courses and Master Navigator and a favorite of the GB2 Cadre.
Pioneering Exploration: Combining advanced engineering and thoughtful design with ultra durable materials, our adventure ready compasses are fast, stable, and simple to use; No batteries required.
- Fast, globally balanced needle with jewel bearing
- 20 percent tilt margin for easier readings
- Adjustable declination correction
- Mirror with centerline, hole, and notch for sighting azimuths
- Protractor with orienting lines for navigating with a map (1:24,000 and 1:50,000)
- Long straight-edge for making map work easier
- Liquid filled capsule for stable operation
- Clinometer for measuring slopes
- Magnifying lens for reading map symbols
- Red scales for easy reading on map
- Slope ruler/Clinometer
- Mirror for sighting azimuths and signaling
- Luminescent markings for navigation in low light
- Includes an inch scale for measurement
Will this compass work for GB2 courses?
Yes! This is recommended.
Does this have a sighting mirror?
Yes and it works for signaling and hygiene also!
Is the declination adjustable?