UCO Titan Stormproof Matches 25-pk
When your outdoor adventure demands ingenuity as a survival skill, pack Titan Stormproof Matches. The beefiest, longest-burning windproof and waterproof matches available, Titan Stormproof Matches incinerate the competition. Over four inches long and boasting a burn time of up to 25 seconds, each meaty match will fire up in the harshest of conditions, and will relight after being submerged in water. This pack of 25 matches can be used to refill your Titan Stormproof Match Kit, or kept in the house or a vehicle for when you need them.
- Received Backpacker Magazine Editor’s Choice Snow Award 2015.
- Received Gear Junkie “Best in Show” 2015 Award and 50 Campfires “Gear of the Year” 2015 Award.
- External striker for easy lighting.
- Longest-burning windproof and waterproof matches.
- Matches are easy to light and will relight after being submerged in water.
- Up to 25 second burn time.
- Extended length of match allows for added safety to keep from burning fingertips.
- Lights campfires, stoves, gas-barbecues, etc.
- Burn Time (up to): 25 seconds
- Length: 4.125″ (10.5 cm)
- Weight: 2.9 oz. (82 g)
Please note that all orders containing matches or lighters must use ground shipping regardless of what you select at checkout.
What is meant by the term stormproof?
Stormproof means that these matches will light in high winds and wet conditions from rain, sleet, or snow. They will even continue to burn after being completely submerged in water.
How many Stormproof Matches come in the pack?
Each pack comes with 25 matches.
How long do these Stormproof Matches burn?
These matches burn for up to 15 seconds. In field testing, Joshua (GB2) has found that to be the minimum burn time necessary to consistently to dry out and ignite damp tinder.
CAUTION: For outdoor use by adults only. Carefully monitor lit matches until completely burned. Store extra strikers in protective sleeves after use to keep dry. Store matches separately from strikers to prevent accidental ignition.
- For lighting a match, it is ideal if the striker is a firm surface which can usually be achieved by just closing the box.
- If striker and box become wet, the striker will still work, but needs to dry first so that the surface is once again firm. Use a spare striker until then.
- If matches become wet, just wipe dry before use.
- Strike away from the body or in a downwards position. Be careful of bystanders.
- Be careful when striking the match since sparks can fly off the igniting head.
- After using the match, run it in water to be certain that it will not light anything else on fire.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including carbon monoxide, soot and other combustion by-products, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.