Vildmarksliv, or “wilderness life”, is a Scandinavian way of being in nature. It contains all the aspects the Scandinavian people consider essential to being more adept and at one with the wilderness. As human beings we are meant to interact with each other and with nature for our mental and physical well-being. Spending time with a community of like-minded folks in a wilderness setting while learning and practicing new skills fits the spirit of vildmarksliv perfectly. In the rush and madness of the day-to-day, vildmarksliv is exactly what is missing from most of our lives.
Joe Price and Ida Ollson will be joining Joshua Enyart (GB2) all the way from Sweden to help bring you this incredible experience right here in the beautiful Adirondack Mountains of New York State. You will enjoy a sense of community as we “establish tribe” with campfire cooking and meals together, all while learning and practicing new skills in the wilderness that make your vildmarksliv experience more enjoyable, and in a more sustainable way. These skills are essential to take a step further towards a truly wild life.
Students will learn:
- Leave No Trace Fire Principles
- Traditional Flint & Steel Fire Starting
- Introduction to Friction Fire Techniques
- Basic Knots and Lashings
- Making Natural Cordage
- Hybrid Shelter Construction
- Sleeping Warm in the Wilderness
- Procuring Clean Water
- Campfire Cooking Techniques
- Making Camp Implements and Tools
- Useful Tree Identification
- Introduction to Navigating with Natural Methods
- Tool Safety, Use, and Maintenance
Required Equipment list for Bushcraft Courses can be found HERE.
Please ensure you have read our Course Cancellation Policy HERE.