Into the Winter: Cold Weather Skills
“Into the Winter: Cold Weather Skills” is the debut film for the newly formed Gray Beard Media.
Follow Joshua Enyart, aka the Gray Bearded Green Beret, as he takes you into the winter to learn cold weather survival, bushcraft, and wilderness skills. This film is set in the frigid temperatures of Maine in the northeastern United States, but the knowledge, skills, and resources are by no means limited to that area. You will find that they are applicable in most peoples “neck of the woods” during the cold weather. Let’s face it, we all have Winter and cold weather, but we don’t all have winter and cold weather skills.
This film seeks to fill that void and get you and your family outside and enjoying yourselves for a season that is completely underrated. No crowds, no bugs, beautiful scenery, crisp landscapes, and fresh air. Into the Winter closely follows the curriculum for Joshua’s Winter Skills Course and is an excellent resource for anyone who has not yet made it to that challenging but extremely rewarding experience.
- Cold Weather Clothing Choices
- Winter Gear Recommendations
- Useful, Edible, and Medicinal Trees and Fungi
- Axe and Saw Skills: Felling, Limbing, Topping, Bucking, and Splitting
- The Mors Kochanski “Super Shelter” and Variants
- The Long Fire with Passive Water Generation and Smoking Jerky
- Best Foods for the Winter and How to Prepare Them
- Accessing Water in Cold Environments
- Snowshoes and Traction Devices to Increase Mobility
- How to Signal for Rescue in an Emergency
Into the Winter: Cold Weather Skills is the third in the series (Into the Woods; Into the Ozarks) that bring you along for Joshua’s adventures and training in multiple different environments. They show “skills in context” where you not only learn the skills themselves but get to see them in use in a highly entertaining way. This film showcases 2:55 hours of real cold weather skills.
In memory of the legendary Mors Kochanksi (November 10, 1940 – December 5, 2019).